Top 9 WordPress Ecommerce Plugins in 2023
Are you looking for the best WordPress eCommerce plugins for your online business? Building a website with WordPress is quite popular, and a whole lot easier. But choosing the right eCommerce plugin is important for your business growth.
So, today in this post, I’ll show the nine best WordPress eCommerce plugins for your online store you can choose in 2023. Before that, let’s check out some important facts while selecting an eCommerce plugin.
Fluent Forms is the most beginner-friendly form builder. Download now and start crafting beautiful forms FREE!!!
What to look for in a WordPress eCommerce plugin?
There are tons of WordPress eCommerce tools in the market. But not all of them are suitable for your business. Because each has a different set of features to use. For example, some eCommerce plugins are made for selling digital goods like photos, eBooks, music, etc. Some are fitted for selling physical products that need shipping.
But if your business is drop-shipping focused, then you’ll need an eCommerce solution that gives better support for your business.
Apart from that, there’re some important aspects you can look at when choosing an eCommerce plugin.
- Apps and integrations: Check out third-party applications like CRM software, email marketing services, accounting software, etc. You’ll need those tools to manage your business.
- Design & customization: At first, your website design catches the users’ attention. So, make sure that the eCommerce plugin is plenty of templates.
- Payment solutions: The eCommerce plugin for your store should support the preferred payment gateways for easy transactions.
- Customer support: Don’t forget to add a support option to your eCommerce store. Because good support is important to save a lot of money in the long run.
Now, let’s get into the list of WordPress eCommerce plugins directly.
Best WordPress eCommerce plugins for your online store
When making the list of WordPress eCommerce plugins, we wanted to pick tools that are supporting the most important features as we mentioned above. After that, we also tried to figure out what made each of these plugins different than others.
So now, let’s see the individual analysis of each WordPress eCommerce plugin. Then we’ll also give you the recommendation for using them based on your website preferences.
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform around the globe. Currently, more than 6.5 million websites are powered by WooCommerce. It’s owned by Automattic, and one of the most reliable, and powerful companies in WordPress. They’ve made an easy solution to create an eCommerce store within a few minutes. Some noteworthy functions of the plugin are:
- Hundreds of extensions and themes.
- Supports both physical and digital goods.
- Affiliate management.
- Payment, and shipping options.
- Automatically calculate shipping costs, taxes, and other expenses.
- Excellent support, including documentation.
- Amazing payment gateways.
Besides, the plugin is the easiest solution in the market to start your online business. Moreover, you’ll get plenty of customization options to craft your online store with WooCommerce.
The core plugin is free, and open source. They offer both free and paid extensions.
Dokan – Best WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace Solution – Build Your Own Amazon, eBay, Etsy
Dokan is a multi-vendor marketplace on WordPress. It’s powered by WooCommerce and helps to build your online store within 30 minutes. Dokan is the fastest way to launch an eCommerce store and earn through commissions. Some fantastic features of the tool are:
- Shipping management.
- Social login & registration.
- Earning reports and statements.
- Independent store.
- Product bulk edit.
- Frontend variable products.
- Hundreds of payment gateways.
- Mobile app.
Furthermore, you can set the shipping status for your users by its Shipping Status feature, client can check their orders for the dedicated Order Management function. Moreover, they’ve 140+ compatible plugins, & themes, and 30+ modules.
Dokan has both annual and lifetime packages for its users in four different categories. The annual package pricing are starting from $149 and ends at $999. On the other hand, the lifetime bundle prices are starting from $596 and end at $3247.
Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart
Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart is a powerful, yet easy-to-use plugin for online businesses. You can easily list, and sell your products with the plugin. It can be used on any platform including Joomla, Weebly, Tumblr, social media channels, and many more. Let’s check out some amazing features of the plugin.
- Easy to use.
- Payment gateways.
- Digital products.
- Store management.
- Buy-now button.
- Abandoned cart saver.
Moreover, Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart is integrated with Amazon, and it can be used on any website. For example, if you run a Drupal website, you can still use the tool.
They’ve both monthly and annual packages in three different plans. Annual packages charge a bit less amount monthly than monthly packages.
Shopify is one of the best cloud-hosted platforms that easily lets you create your online shop. More than 4 million merchants are using Shopify for their online business. It’s a fast-growing eCommerce platform that handles everything for you. Shopify isn’t a plugin, but an all-in-one solution for creating an online store. Let’s look at the prominent features of the tool.
- Easy to use.
- Complete inventory management.
- Supports both digital and physical goods.
- Payment options.
- Provides Facebook store, and buyable pins for Pinterest.
- Pre-built online store themes.
- Connect to third-party apps.
Shopify has both monthly, and yearly bundles in three different categories, and the prices are starting from $19 and end at $399.
Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital Downloads is one of the lightweight WordPress eCommerce plugins with all the features that need for an online store. It’s very easy to use with all the powerful functions that help you to make a beautiful digital goods store. Some important features of the tool are:
- Easy to use
- Various extensions including payment gateways, and marketing platforms.
- Easily compatible with any WordPress theme.
- Comes with software licensing support.
- Amazing affiliate management.
- Gives excellent support with excellent support forums, documentation, videos, etc.
Easy Digital Downloads has four different yearly pricing packages, and their pricing are starting from $199 and ends at $999.
MemberPress helps you to sell subscription-based digital goods, and services on your eCommerce website. It’s the best membership plugin for WordPress, as well as the best eCommerce plugin. The main features of the plugin are,
- Manage and track subscriptions.
- Sell digital downloads, online courses, and services.
- Authorize membership access.
- Supports payment gateways, like Stripe, PayPal, and Authorize.net.
- Integrates with popular email marketing platforms, like Mailchimp, Drip, Constant Contact, etc.
More so, MemberPress lets you integrate with WooCommerce, so you can enhance your online store more beautifully.
MemberPress has three different yearly packages for its users, and asking prices are starting from $359 to $799.
BigCommerce for WordPress
BigCommerce is another cloud-hosted eCommerce platform to design your online store and run your business fluently. It’s perfectly suitable for small to medium online stores. You can integrate BigCommerce into your WordPress website without any hassle. As a result, you can manage your content from WordPress, and connect your eCommerce storefront. Some noticeable features of BigCommerce are:
- Lightweight and fast.
- Easy to use.
- Fully customization access.
- Powerful analytics.
- Tons of third-party integrations.
- Less maintenance.
- Pre-built templates.
- Payment gateways
Additionally, BigCommerce has different tools packaged for segmentation and discounts that help you to offer promotions seamlessly.
BigCommerce’s pricing section is not open to all. You’ve to knock on their support and give your details to get a suitable package for your business.
Mailchimp for WooCommerce
MailChimp is the largest marketing automation platform in the market. Along with the e-commerce marketing strategy, they have a dedicated integration for WooCommerce. This integration will help you to send targeted campaigns, recommend products, automatically follow up with customers post-purchase, recover abandoned carts, and measure the ROI of your marketing efforts. Some fantastic features of the function are:
- See detailed data on your marketing in your MailChimp dashboard.
- Sync to the audience, and new subscribers.
- Track, and segment customers based on their purchase history.
- Show product recommendations.
- Embed a pop-up automatically that converts visitors into subscribers.
- View detailed data in your marketing dashboard.
- Create landing pages.
- Make ads.
MailChimp has three plans for its users, and they’re asking for $3.25 to $87.50 monthly.
SureCart is a simple yet powerful tool to make your online store, and grow your business effortlessly. This is the best suitable plugin to sell non-physical goods online. You can effortlessly sell online courses, subscriptions, memberships, event tickets, services, accept donations, etc. with the tool. Some noteworthy features of the plugin are:
- Drag and drop checkout.
- Cart abandonment recovery.
- Subscription payments.
- Real-time tax calculations.
Besides, you don’t need any coding experience to customize your products. You can build your checkouts in a simple visual editor. Moreover, managing your subscription is a whole lot easier, and simpler with the plugin.
SureCart has three different packages, and they start at $99 and end at $399.
Which one is the best WordPress eCommerce plugin?
Well, choosing the best WordPress eCommerce plugin is always tricky. And if you’re still confused about picking the right plugin for your website, let’s make it easier for you.
- If you want an all-in-one solution for your online store, and not bothering about the money, go for WooCommerce.
- If you’re looking for a product that provides maximum solutions for your online store at a minimal price, then choose Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart.
- Easy Digital Download would be the best option to sell eBooks, software, or music.
- For selling subscription-based digital goods, use MemberPress.
Besides, Dokan is also a good choice for arranging your online store, and SureCart is also a better option for collecting subscription payments.
To the end
That’s all. We hope you found this article helpful for finding the best WordPress eCommerce plugins for your website.
If you liked this article, you can follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram for more tutorials like this.
Hello, This is Prema. I work as a marketing strategist for Fluent Forms at WPManageNinja. When I am not playing with words, I go to explore nature.